Help us collect valuable data on the condition of the environments frogs are dependent on in South Australia! Collect audio, photos and habitat info for each survey you conduct. Learn about frogs within SA, including audio examples of their calls.
Frog survey tool:
- Auto-capture of your survey's GPS location data*
- Capture audio of frogs calling
- Take photos of frogs and their habitat
- Record habitat info quickly and simply
- Try and identify frogs you see and hear
Resources and education:
- Catalogue of frogs in South Australia
- Species identification info including photos, audio and habitat
* You must have GPS enabled to properly conduct surveys on your mobile device. This data is then mapped on multiple publicly available online databases.
Registering with FrogWatch SA
To submit surveys and use some of the more advanced features of this website and the FrogSpotter app you'll need to register (you can do this either through the app or the website) and log in. When you register you should get sent an email within a few minutes to confirm your details. If this doesn't happen you won't be able to login or submit surveys, so here are a few things to check:
- Did you enter your email address correctly?
- Was the confirmation email sent to your Spam or Junk Mail folder?
If you are sure your details are correct and the email has not arrived (unfortunately this sometimes happens with hotmail or gmail accounts), please email us at email@example.com using your selected email account and let us know your username so that we can manually confirm your details.
FrogSpotter is available free of charge on the Apple app store for iPhones and iPads.
Note: WiFi-only iPad models (ones without cellular network capability) do NOT have a built-in GPS and are not suitable for use with the FrogSpotter app unless you have an added GPS receiver.
FrogSpotter is also available free of charge on the Google Play store for Android devices